Sunday 2 October 2011

Ricky Gervais - Future Projects


Ricky Gervais recently announced various projects that he has coming up on his website in responce to various questions he had recieved on Twitter. While the post was amazing it was sad to hear that this season of An Idiot Abroad will be the last, but was brilliant to find that there could be a christmas special and that there are more podcasts coming in years to come. Here is what was posted to see for yourself.

1. Yes I am writing the sitcom and maybe a movie of Derek.

2. No, Warwick could never get angry at Karl; he loves him. And it's mutual. We are planning a pilot of my show idea "The Short Way Round" Basically I send Karl around the world on a bike with Warwick in the basket on the front. It's not Shakespeare but it's fucking funny right? The 3 of us did a photo shoot together last week. I may post a sneak look soon.

3. I'm not following anyone yet as I promised Warwick he would be the first and I haven't worked out how to do it yet. (Gump)

4. Yes me and Karl are best friends in real life. He's my best friend because he is the funniest man in the world, and he said I am his best friend because he hasn't got many friends. Ha ha. See what I mean.

5. No there wont be a third season of An Idiot Abroad but I've nearly persuaded Karl to do a Christmas special.

6. Yes it will air in The US on Science Channel from January. It is also being sold around the world again.

7. Yes we are doing more podcasts but they will be bespoke material for Season 4 of The Ricky Gervais Show on HBO. We may release the unedited audio afterwards.

8. Yes I am planning a new stand up show called Humanity. I'd love to start touring next year. Yes I will tour America again which will become another HBO Special.

9. The Flanimals Movie wont be out till the end of next year. Yes I have a part for Karl in it. He's perfect for most Flanimals to be honest as they are all dim with weird shaped heads constantly moaning about the futility of existence.

10. No, there will be no more Extras I'm afraid, but Life's Too Short should more than fill the void.

No comments:

Post a Comment