Thursday 14 April 2011

Rihanna & Britney



Rihanna had a huge number 1 all over the world with 'S&M', even though the video was banned in 11 countries due to its sexual content. Recently she has re-released the song with singer Britney Spears. This is the first time either of them have released a song that, a week later, I still haven't decided if I like it or not. Its really good, but when I listen to it I can't help thinking was it needed. It is a fun track but Britney's strange breathy vocals bring nothing new to the song. That said I've listened to it loads and like it more and more each time.

The song was teased on Twitter moments before its release by the two artists themselves.

Rihanna tweeted, “I got a #SEXY collabo comin your way supa dupa soon!!!! OH YEAH!!! By popular demand….”
Britney replied, “@rihanna You’re such a tease! I like it, like it….”
Rihanna: “Its BRITNEY B**CH!!!!”
Britney: “@rihanna You think they’re ready Ri Ri?… ”
Rihanna: “@britneyspears one of the biggest worldwide popstars! U gangsta #EPIC”
Britney: “You ain’t so bad yourself honey… ”

Download the new version on iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/s-m-remix-single/id431637506
This post would not be complete without the brilliant music video of the original version.


No comments:

Post a Comment