Sunday 26 February 2012

George Michael At The Brits


He's not long recovered from pneumonia, but last night George Michael looked pleased to be back on stage. The 48-year-old singer made an appearance at the BRIT awards last night where he presented the award for British Album of the Year.

Wearing a smart black suit with a matching tie and sunglasses, the Faith singer walked out to a huge round of applause and cheers from the crowd at London's O2 Arena. Despite appearing a little incoherent, fans were clearly pleased to see George back in the public eye and he waited for the noise to die down before he began speaking. As he repeated himself a few times and mumbled a few irrelevant things, viewers began speculating about his appearance.

'I'd just like to say...I'd just like to say that I have been asked to come to this event for the last 17 years, he said. 'And I live a little way up the road, but I happen to know who's gonna win this one so I just came back from Australia.' He then looked down at his feet before laughing and adding: 'Let's take a look at the nominees.'


This short speech led Twitter users to start asking if he was 'drunk or stoned,' but many were still pleased to see him.

'Aww, George Michael looks really dapper and well. But drunk,' tweeted Lily W.

His public appearance at the BRITs comes after a diffIcult few months, some of which was spent in hospital. The former Wham! star as admitted to hospital in Vienna in November 2011 after complaining of chest pains at a hotel two hours prior to him performing. It was later confirmed that he had suffered from pneumonia and until December 1 was in an intensive-care unit.

But life is certainly back to normal as last week, George was holidaying down under with his boyfriend Fadi Fawaz. The couple looked relaxed and very much in love as they were spotted kicking back on a small rented boat that they picked up in Sydney Harbour.


The Faith singer has been keeping his followers updated with his health via his Twitter page. Earlier this month he wrote: 'People, I'm excited....just finishing a ballad that I think is going to make you think my eighties self has been re-born which I suppose it has in a way :) 'Even my tracheostomy scar is healing nicely in the sun, was looking a bit Bride of Chucky for a while. Spoke to doctors before I came away and they told me my recovery is way quicker than can usually be expected so I'm happy as Larry!'

No comments:

Post a Comment