Wednesday 14 September 2011

Cher Defends Son Chaz On Ellen


Cher made a surprise call during her son Chaz Bono's appearance on Ellen DeGeneres's talk show (airing today) to blast the transphobic haters who've complained about his appearance on Dancing With the Stars.

"If you got that excess time and that amount of hostility, I'm not so sure that I can say anything to you that would make you change your feelings," Cher says. "Those are feelings of such hostility and fear I don't know that I would have any magic words to make you feel more comfortable and to soothe you into not being terrified of my child dancing on Dancing With the Fucking Stars."

The studio audience applauds wildly after Cher's comment. DeGeneres adds that it's key for the conservative protesters to remember that Bono is someone's child. "What if someone attacked your child? Try to put yourself in someone else's shoes."

Cher then asks Bono about his dancing. "My first dance is pretty good now. The cha-cha," Bono says. "The quickstep gives me nightmares, but I'm starting to feel pretty confident. We did it for some of the other people on the show today and they seem to really like it."

Cher comments, "I got to tell you something, Da (the family nickname for Bono). You doing this dance is about as scary as you making the change." Cher, Bono, and DeGeneres all laugh as the audience again erupts into applause.

No comments:

Post a Comment